Paneer tikka masala
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp chana masala
- 100g yogurt, whisked
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 250g : paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 2 tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 50g : cashew nut paste
- pinch turmeric powder
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Mix tandoori masala, chaat masala and chana masala
with yogurt and half the ginger-garlic paste.
3. Add paneer into mixture and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Put onion, tomatoes and paneer on skewers. Place skewers on a tray and grill for 5-10 minutes or until paneer begins to char at the edges. Set aside to cool.
5. Remove paneer, tomatoes and onion from skewer. Ensure cheese does not crumble. 6. Grind onion and tomatoes separately and reserve.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan then add remaining ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Sauté for a few seconds then add ground onion. When oil begins to collect on the side of the pan, add ground tomato. Sauté until oil begins to collect again.
8. Add cashew nut paste, stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add turmeric and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Add grilled paneer and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with roti.
Follow AsiaEurope on Social Media
AsiaEurope Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/asiaeuropegroup
AsiaEurope Twitter - http://twitter.com/asiaeurope
AsiaEurope Football - http://twitter.com/AEfootball